Preschool Expansion Organization Fact Sheet
Preschool Expansion Organization
As of March 2017
The Preschool Expansion Organization is a non-profit organization led by a Board of Directors which will implement the preschool expansion plan. Board members include educators, parents, preschool providers, community and business leaders. The Board is chaired by Father Michael Graham, President, Xavier University.
The Preschool Expansion Organization will expand access to quality preschool in Cincinnati by offering:
Preschool tuition assistance
- Tuition assistance, expected to become available in fall, 2017.
- Families may use tuition assistance at any 3, 4 or 5-star quality rated public, private, Head Start or home-based preschool located in the Cincinnati Public School District boundary.
- Families must live in the Cincinnati Public School District to receive assistance.
- Families living at or below 200% of the federal poverty level will receive assistance first.
- Tuition credits will be paid directly to the preschool selected by the family.
- Tuition assistance will supplement state and federal preschool funds, such as Head Start, Title I funding, Ohio Department of Education Expansion Grants, and state child care subsidies.
Quality Improvement Grants
- Grants will help private, community-based preschool programs pay for the cost of achieving and maintaining quality.
- Grant applications are expected to become available in spring 2017
News, additional details and enrollment information will be provided as it becomes available.
www.askpreschoolpromise.org is available now to take questions until the enrollment and provider support staff is in place.
# # #